Welcome to the MUON web
The Documentation for Run2 is now at this page
The following documentation is for Run1 and is now obsolete.
These pages contain a collection of documents and informations to manage the Muon system. One of the duties of the muon piquet is to keep these Twiki's up to date.
Experts' Phonebook The piquet phone 16-1911 The muon office
How to connect
There are different procedures if you are connecting from Windows or from a Unix machine and if you are at CERN or if you are not.
There are a few steps to follow:
- Open a Remote Desktop Connection, connect to cernts.cern.ch ;
- username and password are the standard CERN ones (NOT THE ONLINE ONES!!!), the domain must be cern.ch
- Open another Remote Desktop Connection, connect to lbts ;
- Username: LHCB\YourUsername (e.g. LHCB\mfiore) Password: your online password
- Open one more Remote Desktop Connection, connect to ui05w, always with your online credentials
If you are not at CERN
need to connect to lxplus
. From the terminal type ssh -XY YourUsername@lxplus.cern.ch
, the password is the standard CERN one. If you are already connected to the CERN network you don't need to connect to lxplus (although it doesn't harm):
- Login to lbgw by typing ssh -XY YourUsername@lbgw.cern.ch and using your ONLINE credentials; (.cern.ch is necessary only if you are outside CERN)
- Login to ui by typing ssh -XY YourUsername@ui again with your ONLINE credentials;
How to open MUSIDES, PRESENTER and FIELDBUS MONITOR
To open MUSIDES, after you connected and you are in ui just type source /group/online/ecs/Shortcuts311/MUON/MUSIDES/MUSIDS_UI_FSM.sh (creating a shortcut might save time).
To open the PRESENTER, you just need to type presenter and it starts automatically.
If you are connected from Windows, you need to use X2Go
. The instructions for doing this are in Online TWiki page
To open the FIELDBUS MONITOR (the panel
Muon Piquet Information
MUON current problems/issues
General Issues and Piquet Instructions
How to pages
Muon Commissioning Pages
- 26 Aug 2008